What a novel concept! TGI Friday’s is 1st restaurant chain to employ such services using help from facebook. Simplicity is the key. Here are the following steps to take:
- Click like on TGI Fridays facebook page
- Place an order through the custom tab (limit 5 purchases at $5 a piece)
- Recipients receive an electronic gift card to redeem in restaurant.
- CC accepted: VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
- Both you and the recipient need to be 21 years of age.
- For more information, please visit the FAQ section.
In addition to restaurants creating such services, businesses have been created using social media to offer beer to friends online. One notable company would be Beer2buds.com.
In the months to come, I see more oppositions to the above mentioned services like the one seen here to follow. This is the nature of the industry. Underage drinking is a primary concern and is not taken lightly. What the newscast reporter did not cover is redemption of the certificate. After receiving the “beer credits” from a friend, a consumer must present it at an establishment with a license. It is the responsibility of the bartender, server or manager to confirm the redeemer is 21 yrs or older.